The Salt Lake Tribune
November 14, 2011
Technical Assistance on Implementation of Educator Effectiveness Policies Within States
In August, REL West provided research-based information in two sessions (Data Management, Evaluation of Implementation) at a cross-state convening on educator effectiveness. Both Arizona and Utah have planned follow-up statewide convenings in which they can further explore key research, outline state requirements, and provide time for districts to meet to work together to move forward on their educator effectiveness initiatives.
Both states have asked REL West for assistance with these convenings and related work, in the form of:
- Consulting at events during team work time;
- Reviewing draft survey instruments and data presentation formats;
- Providing input to state planning for implementation (e.g., advice on technical issues and implementation strategies); and
- Providing follow-up assistance on evaluation issues.
- Methodologies: Descriptive
- Contact info:
Dan Bugler 404.394.3747